Welcome
Welcome to UNCLE ZAP'S AUDIO ZAP & INFO DEPOT

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

WILDLIFE

BASSET HOUNDS
PETS, WILDLIFE, NATURE,
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES

WILDLIFE

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 1:22 pm

MOTHER NATURE'S SENSE OF HUMOR

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HER SENSE OF HUMOR
THIS WAS BLOWN UP TO ME WHILE RAKING LEAVES WITH THE ONLY GUST OF WIND ALL MORNING.
OF COURSE SHE SCATTERED THE LEAVES ALL OVER THEN DROPPED THIS. I DID NOT CHANGE THE LEAF IN ANYWAY.

AMD 4.7 Ghz Octi-core, 32 g ram

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Highscores: 23

Re: WILDLIFE

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:01 pm

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:01 pm

VANCOUVER AQUARIUM'S SEA OTTERS LIVE CAM
ACTIVE LITTLE CRITTERS, FUN TO WATCH

http://www.vanaqua.org/ottercam/

MILO

NYAC died on September 23, 2008.

TANU moved to another tank

UPDATED STORY ON WEB PAGE

A GREAT uTUBE VIDEO
http://www.vanaqua.org/home/otters.html

ONE OF MY FAVORITE WILD ANIMALS.

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:03 pm

WEASELHEAD NATURAL ENVIRONMENT PARK
http://weaselhead.org/learn/birds/alberta.php
A GREAT PARK WITHIN CALGARY CITY LIMITS. A BIKE RIDE AT DAWN WILL LET YOU SEE DEER, COYOTE, BEAVER, AND BIRDS OF ALL TYPES AND YES I HAVE SEEN WEASELS IN THERE AS WELL.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
A SMALL SAMPLE OF CITY WILDLIFE. BLACK BEARS AND MOOSE ARE ALSO COMMON VISITORS.
I LIVE ABOUT 1/2 MILE FROM THE DOWNTOWN CORE, WITH THE BOW RIVER BETWEEN. I HAVE HAD A PACK OF COYOTES HOWLING IN MY BACKYARD AT NIGHT, PROBABLY AFTER KILLING A CAT OR DOG FOR DINNER OR PERHAPS ONE OF THE LOCAL "WILD DOMESTIC" RABBITS, WHITE, BLACK, BROWN AND A MIX OF DOMESTIC AND WILD JACK. I ALWAYS HAVE A FEW CALLING MY BACKYARD HOME.
I HAVE HAD TO STOP AT THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY TO WAIT FOR A MOTHER QUAIL AND HER 9 BABIES TO CROSS THE STREET. ALL IN A PERFECT LINE WITH THE USUAL STRAGGLER BRINGING UP THE REAR. VERY LARGE JACK RABBITS ROAM EVERYWHERE.
I HAVE HAD MINNOWS STOLEN OFF THE HOOK WHILE FISHING BY THOSE BIG WHITE PELICANS. I HAVE ALSO HAD A TROUT STOLEN OFF THE STRINGER BY A PLAYFUL RIVER OTTER WHILE I WAS BUSY FISHING 10 FEET AWAY.
AFTER NEARLY HITTING A BABY WEASEL ON THE BIKE PATH, I TOOK THE TIME TO RETURN THE LITTLE FELLOW TO ITS FAMILY IN A NEARBY BURROW. THE LITTLE GUY WAS SO SCARED HE COULDN'T RUN OR FIGHT AND JUST LET ME PICK HIM UP. THE MOTHER CAME OUT AS I LEFT AND STOOD STRAIGHT UP AND WATCHED ME LEAVE. I SUPPOSE THAT WAS AS GOOD OF A THANK YOU AS YOU CAN GET. OF COURSE I TOOK THE TIME TO HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT HER TOO. MY LAST SIGHT WAS HER STANDING WITH A FEW LITTLE HEADS POKING UP AROUND BY HER FEET. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WOULD HAVE LOVED A PHOTO OF THAT SCENE.
SOMETHING LIKE THIS Image

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:03 pm

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:04 pm

MIKE DREW OF THE CALGARY SUN PUBLISHES A 2 PAGE ARTICLE CALLED "ON THE ROAD" IN THE WEEKLY ENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE AND TV GUIDE CALLED "ENT".
THE PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALWAYS AMAZING AND THE STORY OF HIS WEEKLY PHOTO TRIPS IS GREAT READING.
MIKE DREW IS THE MOST AMAZING AND LUCKIEST WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHERS I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVERY WEEK I AM AMAZED BY ONE OF HIS SHOTS.
TODAY IT WAS A PIC OF AN EAGLE FLYING AWAY, WHICH AT A CLOSER LOOK WAS CARRYING A GROUSE OR SOMETHING SIMILAR.

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:05 pm

%#@&*$ GLOBAL WARMING !!!

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 pm

[quote="DR.Z"]%#@&*$ GLOBAL WARMING !!!

I see on the news over here that a judge in the US has given the government a deadline to declare their intentions on whether or not to make the polar bear an endangered species, the oil companies are objecting because if they get endangered species status then their oil fields in Alaska will be affected

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Postby zappdog » Thu May 14, 2009 6:08 pm

WELL I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DECLARED ENDANGERED ALREADY. THEIR NUMBERS ARE DROPPING RAPIDLY.
AS FOR THE OIL COMPANIES, THATS ANOTHER "ENDANGERED" SPECIES. OIL IS A RESOURCE THAT IS QUICKLY RUNNING OUT. TOO BAD ITS THE PRIVATE SECTOR THAT IS DOING THE MAJORITY OF THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN ALTERNATIVES. THE BIG COMPANIES CAN SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL BUT ARE DOING PRACTICALLY NOTHING IN COMPARISON. YOU WOULD THINK THE SMART ONES WOULD BE GOING FARTHER INTO R&D OF CLEANER, CHEAPER FUELS AND BATTERY / ELECTRIC SYSTEMS. IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE MAKING MONEY OFF SUPPLYING THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY AFTER THE OIL IS GONE, THEY NEED TO BROADEN THEIR INTERESTS CONSIDERABLY. THE AUTO MAKERS ARE DOING MORE R&D THAN THE OIL COMPANIES.
WHO KNOWS, IN A FEW YEARS WE COULD BE PULLING OUR VEHICLES INTO A "DURACELL" OR "ENERGIZER" FILLING / CHARGING STATION AND ESSO AND SHELL PRODUCTS WILL BECOME COLLECTORS ITEMS.
SORRY, THATS MY RANTING FOR THE DAY. HOPE IT MADE SENSE.

GREEN UP OUR PLANET
SADIE'S DOG PLACE
DJ Phinx 1
zappdog
Site Admin

Next

Return to MOTHER NATURES GIFTS